Getting bored with your food during the HCG Protocol diet phase can have a dire effect on your mood and on the success of the protocol. Since eating food is as much an emotional experience as a practical one, and satisfying food brings a higher sense of well-being, it's important to make sure you're having food that's enjoyable to eat. These tasty tips will help you stay enthused about your food and enjoy each meal.
1. Get an HCG cookbook. Our cookbook, 101 Worry-Free HCG Diet Recipes, has a wide variety of super-tasty, HCG-friendly recipes. Use it to develop a delicious, diverse menu ahead of time to help keep you on track for the protocol.
2. Use an onion to flavor and moisten your meat. The George Foreman grill may dry out your meat more than you'd like, but there's an easy fix. Simply choose a Vidalia onion for your vegetable and cut it into somewhat thin slices. Put the slices on both sides of the meat and grill them together. The flavor of each will benefit that of the other and both the meat and onion taste wonderful. This recipe actually makes my coworkers jealous when I make it at the office…and it smells great also (unlike tuna and fish recipes)!
3. Drink more tea. A delicious cup of mint or green tea, one that boosts metabolism or cleanses your body, can be a real pick-me-up when you're feeling peckish. Just be sure to check the ingredients list carefully and avoid any teas that contain fruits, vegetables, oils or other unallowed ingredients.
4. Have Simple Girl salad dressings, BBQ/Hot sauces, and spices or seasonings on hand. These products were all designed for the HCG Diet, so you get great taste and convenience without having to worry about unallowed, sneaky ingredients like the 100 names that are basically used to hide the fact that the ingredient is a sugar. All Simple Girl HCG-Diet-safe products are available at www.hcgdietstore.com.
5. Use condiments to flavor your food. Plain yellow mustard, Simple Girl Hot Sauce and Simple Girl Carolina Style BBQ sauce, and most single ingredient spices are allowed on the HCG Diet and other similar diets such as Nutrimost. Check the ingredients list carefully for added sugar, and note what condiments you used on your weight chart so that if your weight loss slows or stalls, you can eliminate condiments to see if one or more were the culprit.
6. Substitute a pickle for a cucumber. When you're in the mood for a lot of flavor, choose a dill pickle instead of a cucumber. The crunch and acidity are very pleasing to the palate, but check the ingredients list carefully for added sugar or other unallowables.
7. Enjoy fresh-squeezed lemonade. Combine the juice of a lemon with water and stevia for a delicious glass of ice-cold lemonade when your sweet tooth strikes. You get the juice of one lemon, approximately 2 tablespoons, per day to use however you like. Other uses for lemon are to flavor iced tea or to splash on your fish or salad.
8. Try a microwave-baked apple. Cut an apple in half and sprinkle with stevia and cinnamon. Cook in the microwave on high for about two minutes and enjoy. Some participants crumble up a breadstick on top for some extra crunch.
9. Get creative with stevia. Stevia comes in a wide range of flavors, including double chocolate, vanilla crème, English toffee, chocolate raspberry, and hazelnut. Try one of these in your coffee along with your allotted milk for a delicious, pampering flavored coffee.
We all get anxious now and then but if you're anxious more often than not, a discussion with your doctor may be in order. Anxiety disorders can cause unpleasant panic attacks, unsettling phobias, and social anxieties. Signs of an anxiety disorder include excessive worrying that reduces your quality of life, sleep problems, constant muscle tension, and feelings of panic, fear, [...]
When it comes to HCG Diet-safe salad dressing and HCG Diet-safe marinades, there are a few options that will keep your meals interesting and keep you losing at your best.For anyone who prefers to simply purchase HCG Diet-safe dressing, there are 4 flavors of the Simple Girl brand of Salad Dressing/Marinade available in 16 oz. bottles and 1.5 oz. single serve [...]
We all have those days when it's hard to get out of bed and even the smallest tasks seem insurmountable. When your energy is sapped, it's hard to get excited about life, much less grab it by the horns. Thankfully, you don't have to suffer until bedtime. Here are 6 surefire ways to boost your energy so that life [...]
In Dr. Simeons' manuscript, Pounds and Inches: A New Approach to Obesity, he brings up the subject of menstruation. According to Dr. Simeons, you should stop taking HCG during your period and resume it as soon as it's over. He assures readers that their hunger will continue to be suppressed during menstruation despite the lack of HCG.Why You Should Stop [...]
If you suffer from bloating, stomachaches, an irritable bowel, and headaches, you may have a food intolerance, also known as non-allergenic food hypersensitivity. People with food intolerances have difficulty digesting certain foods and it can be tough to figure out which foods your body can't tolerate.Food Intolerance vs. Food AllergyFood intolerance is different from a food allergy, which triggers the immune [...]
Homeopathic HCG drops are taken sublingually, which means under the tongue, rather than injected. If you buy the right kind of homeopathic HCG, it will be highly effective for use with Dr. Simeon's Protocol. What is the Right Kind of Homeopathic HCG?The formula for homeopathic HCG can vary dramatically across various brands. Knowing what to look for in [...]
Good cardiovascular health is essential for reducing your risk of heart disease and osteoporosis, improving the function of your heart and lungs, and improving muscle mass.To maintain good cardio health, you should perform 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise most days of the week. To improve cardio endurance, make that 20 to 60 minutes 3 to 5 days a week.Treadmills and [...]
Before you begin the HCG Protocol, make sure you've thoroughly read Pounds and Inches: A New Approach to Obesity to understand how the protocol works and what it requires. Once you've gathered everything you'll need and are ready to begin the HCG Diet, you'll want to make sure you administer your HCG properly. There are several types of [...]
Health starts in the mouth, but there is more to a healthy mouth than simply brushing and flossing. There is a whole nutritious approach that directly affects our body systems. There are specific vitamins and minerals that are essential to our everyday health. The best place to receive specific information for your particular case is [...]