VLCD Recipes: Sparkling Strawberry Green Tea
You can find more VLCD recipes and Phase 3/Maintenance recipes on our website. This recipe is safe for Phase 2 and all phases of the diet. But make sure that if you eat a fruit serving away from your main meal, you don’t double up and eat it again at mealtime. Also, you can make this recipe larger or smaller based on the size of your strawberries and which phase you are in.
- 1 serving strawberries (about a handful)
- ½ cup cold brewed plain green tea
- ½ cup sparkling mineral water
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Stevia to taste
- Puree strawberries in a food processor or blender.
- Strain them and mix in the stevia, lemon juice and green tea.
- Pour into a tall glass.
- Add crushed ice and cold sparkling mineral water and stir gently.