Maintenance Recipes Using Pears
After achieving success on Simeons’ Protocol or some other fast weight loss plan, you must realize that your eating habits have to change since resuming old eating habits will likely result in gaining the weight back. Pears are not allowed on Phase 2 of the diet, but they are most certainly permitted on the Maintenance Phase.
Pears are one of the highest fiber fruits with 6 fibers in a medium pear. Fruit fiber is linked to a reduced risk of breast cancer and stomach cancer. Pears have additional health benefits including the following. Pears:
- Contain a good amount of vitamins – C, K, B2, B3, and B6.
- Provide minerals – calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper, and manganese.
- Contain the antioxidant, Quercetin, which is found in the peel and may help to prevent cancer and reduce blood pressure.
Listed below are two tasty low-calorie recipes that make use of this healthy, high-fiber fruit.
(Reprinted with permission from the Over 201 Worry Free HCG Maintenance Recipes Book by L Prinster and L Mennemeier)
This recipe is safe for all Phases of Maintenance.
- 2 Bartlett pears (halved with peel)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh raspberries(frozen will suffice)
- 1 (4 ounce) container of Fiber One Vanilla Yogurt
- 2 tsp sugar free maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cut pears in half, remove core and place in a 9” x 9” baking dish.
- Dash the top of the pears with about ½ tsp cinnamon.
- In the cored area of the pear, insert about 5 berries and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Serve warm with 2 tbsp of yogurt dolloped on each pear half.
- Drizzle with ½ tsp sugar-free maple syrup.
- Garnish with remaining raspberries.
Blue Pear Bake (By Dianna H.)
This recipe is cautionary in the 1st three weeks of Phase 3 (because of the macadamia nuts), and completely safe in the 2nd three weeks of Phase 3.
- ½ Bartlett Pear (sliced with peel)
- ¼ cup frozen, organic wild blueberries
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ packet stevia
- 4 macadamia nuts (chopped)
- 1 tsp unsweetened coconut
- Arrange pear slices in a small, oven-safe or microwave-safe dish.
- Toss in blueberries, cinnamon and stevia.
- Top with nuts and coconut.
- Bake at 350° F for 10-15 minutes or microwave on high for 2½ minutes.
- Serve hot.