Health Conscious Guru (HCG) VLCD Recipes for Fish
Looking for a couple of interesting ways to prepare fish while on a very low-calorie diet or sugar-free, low-carb, high-protein weight loss plan like Nutrimost, Shape Reclaimed, Ideal Protein, etc.? The original recipes below are great for any white fish allowed on these diet plans such as tilapia, cod, mahi-mahi, flounder, haddock, etc. See the HCG Weight Loss Cure Guide or the Pocket Guide to the HCG Protocol for a complete listing of HCG low-calorie diet-approved white fish.
Sautéed Fish and Red Onions (by Claudia Mason)
- 100 grams orange roughy (or any diet-approved white fish)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- Grissini breadstick or Melba toast
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Season the fish with salt, pepper, and onion powder, then place the fish in the pan and lower the heat to medium-low.
- After about a minute, flip the fish and add the garlic, tarragon, and onion slices. You may need to use a few tablespoons of water or HCG diet-safe broth to keep the fish and onions from drying out while cooking.
- Sauté until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- After putting the fish and onions on your plate, sprinkle with a little more tarragon and serve with your Grissini breadstick or melba toast.
Servings: 1 protein, 1 vegetable
Fish in a Bag
(Reprinted with Permission from the 101 Worry-Free Diet Recipes cookbook by L Mennemeier and L Prinster)
- 4 sheets of parchment paper
- 2 100-gram pieces of allowable white fish (ex. tilapia)
- 4 cups fresh spinach, washed and dried
- 4 tbsp Simple Girl HCG diet-safe sweet vinaigrette salad dressing
- Simple Girl HCG diet-safe All-Purpose Seasoning
- Cooking fish in a parchment bag results in a moist, flaky fish.
- Place 2 cups spinach in the center of 2 of the parchment paper pieces.
- Top each spinach stack with 1 tablespoon dressing.
- Place one piece of fish on top of the spinach mixture.
- Sprinkle with seasoning and top with 1 tablespoon dressing.
- Place one sheet of the parchment on top of each piece of the fish.
- Crimp the two sheets of parchment paper like a piecrust until the bottom and the top are completely sealed.
- Place the bags of fish onto a cookie sheet and cook in a preheated 400º oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Place the bag onto a plate and slice the parchment open at the table to enjoy.
Tasty Tip: Brushing a drop or two of Vanilla Crème stevia onto your fish before baking adds a brown sugar glaze taste.
Servings: 2 proteins, 2 vegetables