Bad Breath – A Diet Side Effect
One fairly common side effect on Phase 2 of the diet is bad breath. There doesn’t really seem to be a chemical reason for this problem. We believe that the main reason people have bad breath while on the diet is that they are using more spices (like garlic and onion powder) than usual, and they aren’t eating as often, so bad breath is more noticeable.
Since you can’t have gum or mints on Phase 2, here’s what we suggest to combat bad breath problems:
- Brush your teeth up to 3 times a day (but no more than that or else receding gums and tooth sensitivity could become problems).
- Rinse with plain mouthwash (check the label for added sugars).
- Use a couple drops of Peppermint Stevia as breath freshener.
- Gargle warm salt water or lemon water.
- Choose red radishes as the vegetable for one of your meals.
Do you have any tips or tricks to fight bad breath on the diet?