20 Best Home Cleaning Tips
Nobody likes cleaning, but nobody likes a messy house either! So here's a list of twenty best home cleaning tips that will get your chores done quick.
- Clean from the top. Always start dusting from high shelves and fan blades. This will make the dust fall to the floor, which you can vacuum up later.
- Vacuum, don't sweep. Sweeping kicks dust up into the air, which can cause allergies. Vacuum instead!
- Clean screen doors with lint roller. Lint rollers can be used for more than just shirts and pants, they can be used to clean off your screen doors too.
- Wait for mud to dry. Never try to clean wet mud off your shoes or floor, since you'll only smear the dirt. Wait for it to dry instead.
- Scrub shoes with toothpaste. Toothpaste is a great way to shine your sneakers if you're worried about throwing them in the washing machine.
- Steam mops and hardwood cleaners. Pick up a specialized steam mop or a hardwood cleaner to get that mess of your floor at superspeed.
- Shine chrome with toothpaste. Who likes looking at grimy chrome faucets and handles? Literally no one ever. Rub some toothpaste over the metal to give it a nice polish.
- Don't use bar soap. Bar soap can get pretty slimy, and unless you want gunk on your countertop you should stick to pump bottles.
- Towel bar. Hanging towels on a bar instead of a hook allows the water to evaporate. This keeps the mold away and your towel fresh.
- Transparent faucet handles. Grab a screwdriver, some q-tips, and a bit of soapy water to clear out those transparent faucet handles.
- Rotate through bathrooms. Spray all the bathroom counters and toilets with cleaning fluid before rubbing away. Let it settle in before putting in the work.
- Priority laundry. Out of the twenty best home cleaning tips, this is one of the most efficient. Set aside a priority laundry basket which you will clean before everything else.
- Pillow washing. Pillows only have to be cleaned two (or if you really want, three) times per year. Save that water!
- Bed linen washing. Bed linens should be cleaned or switched every two weeks. Just because you're sleeping doesn't mean those germs are.
- Upholstery attachment. To clean upholstered furniture, just smack that funny-looking upholstery attachment on your vacuum.
- Cutting board cleaning. Want your cutting board to smell and look fresh? Cut up a lemon and rub one half over your board.
- Citrus detergent. For some more citrus goodness, place orange peels into vinegar to create a natural, aromatic detergent.
- Baking soda. Baking soda is a classic solution to bad smells. Just put some in an uncovered bowl and stick it in a gross fridge or cupboard.
- Don't overwash bras. Bras are delicate! Don't wash them every day and definitely don't put them in the drier.
- Don't forget your phone. Phones and other screens should be cleaned off with an alcohol wipe to prevent oil and germ buildup.
That's it! There's your list of the twenty best home cleaning tips that will make your home sparkle.