10 Fat Burning Foods for Women & Men
If you are looking to burn some fat without starving yourself, here are some amazing foods with wonderful fat-burning abilities. Eating the right foods can fill you up and help you live a healthy, happy life.
- Grapefruit. While there are some crazy fad grapefruit diets out there, they aren’t necessary. Just mix grapefruit into your weekly fruit routine maybe once or twice a week. The fat loss benefits of eating grapefruit are shown by study after study. Plus, if you don’t have time to buy or eat a grapefruit, then just drink some natural grapefruit juice. It still has the fat-burning benefits, but be aware that it loses the fiber you would get from eating the whole fruit.
- Bananas. Bananas are a great weight loss snack. They fill you up and give you energy and potassium. But, watch your intake. One a day should suffice because they have a fair amount of sugar in them.
- Avocados. Avocados are a wonderful source of the “good” fats that we need to survive. So, while they have a rather high-fat content, they are a wonderful fruit for burning fat and aiding in weight loss. Put them on salads, sandwiches, pizzas, and anything else that you love to eat!
- Hot Peppers. If you like spicy foods, you’re in luck! Spicy foods can give a kick start to your diet and metabolism. Hot peppers, like jalapenos, chipotles, and habaneros, contain capsaicin can help in weight loss in multiple ways. Plus, research is indicating that these hot peppers kill a bacterium responsible for creating stomach ulcers.
- Spinach. Popeye is not the only one who benefits from eating spinach. Spinach has many health benefits, including weight loss. Be sure to buy organic when you can since this is a veggie that comes with pesticides when bought conventionally.
- Cantaloupe. It may feel like you burn more calories than you are eating when you chomp down on some cantaloupe but that’s a good thing! Cantaloupe tastes nice and sweet and has fiber. Thankfully, it only has a few calories. So, it’s another fun fruit to add to your weekly line up.
- Salmon. Salmon has omega-3 fatty acids and, while it’s nutritional label may show a high-fat content at first glance, it is all unsaturated fat. This is the “good” fat that we need to survive. So, grill some up and enjoy salmon with some fresh veggies.
- Raw Apple Cider Vinegar. As you probably already know, we love apple cider vinegar because it has so many benefits. Just one of them being that it aids in fat burning and weight loss. Some people drink a couple of tablespoons a day to get their metabolism going and to benefit from all the other health benefits of apple cider vinegar. You can add a couple tablespoons to a cup of water and chug it before a meal.
- Greek Yogurt. Lately, Greek yogurt is all the rage. Why? It’s because it contains more protein and less sugar than almost any other type of yogurt. Plus, it tastes good, and can be used as a substitute for items like mayonnaise in recipes. If you haven’t tried it yet, you owe it to yourself to see why it is so popular. However, you may want to get some fruit or something to try it with your first time since it is a little different in consistency and taste.
- Olive Oil. Just replacing your butter and salad dressing with olive oil can help with more rapid weight loss simply because you are eating less high-fat foods that can cause you to gain weight. Olive oil is natural and has many other health benefits.
What's your favorite fat-burning food?